How the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center keeps you safe
Enhanced Safety Measures During COVID-19
Everyone must wear a mask.
We will provide you with a mask upon your arrival.
When you arrive at your appointment, you'll have your temperature checked and asked questions about COVID-19 symptoms, potential exposure and travel.
You must come alone to your appointment, per our visitor restrictions.
COVID-19 Testing for Surgeries and Procedures
Admitted patients — and many in outpatient settings — will be tested for COVID-19.
Social distancing in waiting areas
Appointments staggered to allow for social distancing
Sitting/waiting spaces more spread-out
Additional cleaning and disinfecting
Frequent cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectant.
Ohio State has expanded telehealth care options for a many appointments.
Ways we're keeping patients safe at Ohio State:
- Everyone must wear a mask, including staff, patients and visitors
- COVID-19 testing for patients having a surgery or procedure involving the mouth, nose, throat, airways, lungs or internal organs
- Screening at building entrances for fever and other symptoms
- Visitor restrictions
- Use of personal protective equipment such as masks and goggles
- Social distancing throughout buildings
- Direct entry from check-in to exam rooms where possible
- Increased availability of telehealth appointments and telehealth immediate care
- Frequent hand washing
- Daily health screening, including temperature monitoring, of doctors, nurses and staff
- More frequent deep disinfecting and cleaning of all areas
- Isolation of COVID-19 patients from the rest of our patient population
- Regular review of operational and clinical processes by our team of infectious disease specalists
- Reduced person-to-person contact wherever possible