Ohio State’s nationally ranked inpatient rehabilitation services are conveniently located just south of the The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center campus at Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital.
We help individuals live their lives to the fullest after disabilities caused by trauma, illness, congenital deficits or disease. We combine state-of-the-art treatments with personalized care to meet each patient’s unique and changing needs.
Rehab services at Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital include our 60-bed inpatient facility, as well as outpatient services. The inpatient hospital is located on the 3rd and 4th floors of Dodd Hall.
The entrance to Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital is on the north side of the building on Dodd Drive.
At this Location
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Third and fourth floors
Dodd Rehabilitations Hospital Admissions Coordinator:
For outside referrals:
As a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility, Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital provides the most comprehensive and recognized rehabilitation programming in the region.
Services offered include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Social work
- Rehabilitation psychology
- Advanced splinting
- Aquatic therapy
- Assistive (or adaptive) technologies
- Bioness technology
- Botox, nerve blockade and baclofen pump therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Functional electrical stimulation
- Locomotor training
- Medications for cognitive, communication and motor skill recovery
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Pain management
- Patient and family/caregiver education focused on lifestyle adjustments and disease or disability management
- Real world simulations (independent living apartment, kitchen, car transfer training, stair training)
- Recreational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Serial casting for contracture management
- Swallowing evaluations (modified barium swallow studies, fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
- Vision evaluation and therapy
- Case management services
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
We focus on behavioral and psychological treatment for patients and families coping with chronic illness, chronic pain and disability. Rehabilitation Psychology treats adults with disabilities related to physical, sensory, cognitive and emotional functioning.
Areas of specialization include:
- Neuropsychology (study of the brain and its effect on function and behavior)
- Brain injury (such as stroke or traumatic brain injury)
- Chronic pain
- Stress-related disorders
- Coping with disabilities
Directions and Parking
Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital, conveniently located on the southern side of campus, is home to two medical centers: The Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital entrance is on Dodd Drive on the north side of the building. The entrance to Davis Outpatient Care is on the south side of the building that faces Medical Center Drive. You can enter through either entrance or via a skywalk from the SAFEAUTO Garage on Westpark Street.
View an internal map of Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital and Davis Outpatient Care (including the Center for Neuromodulation).
View a map of the OSU Wexner Medical Center, including University Hospital, Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital and the James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
Spanish driving directions to OSU Wexner Medical Center
Parking Discounts for Patients and Their Visitors
Reduced parking rates are available for patients and their visitors for all hospital visitor garages (12th, SafeAuto and North Cannon and South Cannon.) The reduced rate parking validation allows you to park for $2 per exit or for each day you remain parked in the garage. Validations can be obtained at the information desk and you must bring your garage ticket with you for proper validation. Patients and their visitors can get parking validations at registration or at any Information Desk located throughout the hospital.
Free transportation is available for patients and visitors to and from the medical center parking garages and buildings. View options.
Handicapped accessible parking is available next to the building and in all garages on the medical center campus. Additional parking is located in the SAFEAUTO Garage at 1585 Westpark St. It is connected to the Medical Center by a second-floor covered walkway. For those with mobility challenges, please drop off at Davis Outpatient Care entrance on Medical Center Drive before parking your vehicle.
- Entrance ramp to southbound State Route 315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue is now open
- 12th Avenue to Cannon Drive has reopened
- Cannon Drive, between 12th Avenue and Medical Center Drive, has reopened
- Lane closures along Cannon Drive will occur, however traffic will be maintained in both directions
- Left turns from westbound Medical Center Drive to southbound Cannon Drive are not permitted. Westbound Med Center Drive traffic must turn left on Old Cannon Drive to access King Avenue
- Access to North Cannon Garage is available via 12th Avenue
- 10th Avenue remains closed at Cannon Drive
- Cannon Drive, between John Herrick Drive and 12th Avenue, remains closed
- Patient pick-up and drop-off is located at entrance of Rhodes Hall, 450 W. 10th Ave.
Visiting a Patient
For the comfort of our patients, only two visitors are permitted at any one time. Ask the charge nurse in your unit if you would like to have additional visitors. All visitors must be free of illness. In areas where overnight visitors are allowed, visitors must wear an identification badge at all times. Patient visitation is not restricted on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
Visiting Hours for Dodd Inpatient Rehabilitation: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.