Outpatient Surgery East Hospital offers a renovated and expanded outpatient surgery unit with four state-of-the-art operating rooms, including a hybrid operating room for interventional radiology procedures.
There are 16 pre-op and post anesthesia care bays, an imaging suite with the latest CT, MRI and digital x-ray technology, a spacious waiting room and private consultation rooms.
Surgical services in the new outpatient surgery unit include general surgery, ear, nose and throat, gynecology, urology, colorectal, plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery and vascular surgery.
Directions and maps
Download maps and guides
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
For the comfort of our patients, only two visitors are permitted at any one time. Talk with the charge nurse in your unit if you would like to have additional visitors. All visitors must be free of illness. In areas where overnight visitors are allowed, visitors must wear an identification badge at all times. Patient visitation is not restricted on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
Visitation is 24 hours a day in most areas of the hospital, but please check with the staff in the patient care unit to confirm the policy for that area. From 9 p.m.-5 a.m., patients are limited to one visitor. Intensive Care Unit hours vary, so please check with unit staff.
Children are able to visit when accompanied and properly supervised by a non-patient adult at all times. The child is considered one of the two patient visitors. Children may visit the Intensive Care Unit patients by checking with staff first.
Please remember that smoking and the use of tobacco products are not permitted inside or outside of any of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center buildings.
Please turn off your cell phones or any radio transmitted devices while in the hospital.
All parking at East Hospital is free. Long-term public parking is available directly across Hawthorne Avenue in the surface lots.
Patients and visitors
More for our patients and visitors
- ATMs near Bistro O-H!
Visitor food services
- Bistro O-H! Ground level of the Tower building. Weekdays 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and weekends/holidays 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Nearby vending area with microwave and café seating always available.
- Skyward Concessions and food trucks and carts: Outside main entrance. Mobile cart with hot sandwiches, including gyros and bratwurst, chips, snacks and beverages. Weekdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. weather permitting.
- Nearby restaurants: Ask at information desks in our hospital lobbies for directions to nearby restaurants.
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Snacks, soft drinks.
- Vending machines: Available 24 hours a day. Snacks, beverages, some entrees. Change machines provided in some areas.
Gift shops (closed holidays)
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Offers Buckeye items, personal items, some clothing, cards, flowers, magazines, snacks, drinks. Credit cards and cash accepted. Room deliveries available. East Hospital is located near the lobby at the end of the long glass hallway. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 614-257-2032.
Sending something to a patient
Fresh flowers, plants, and food are not allowed in the intensive care unit, as these items can be a source of infection. Cards, balloons and silk flowers are encouraged and can be displayed for the patient to see.