Outpatient Surgery East Hospital offers a renovated and expanded outpatient surgery unit with four state-of-the-art operating rooms, including a hybrid operating room for interventional radiology procedures.
There are 16 pre-op and post anesthesia care bays, an imaging suite with the latest CT, MRI and digital x-ray technology, a spacious waiting room and private consultation rooms.
Surgical services in the new outpatient surgery unit include general surgery, ear, nose and throat, gynecology, urology, colorectal, plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery and vascular surgery.
Directions and maps
Download maps and guides
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Due to COVID-19 we're allowing limited visitation at all Ohio State health care locations.
All parking at East Hospital is free. Long-term public parking is available directly across Hawthorne Avenue in the surface lots.
Patients and visitors
More for our patients and visitors
- ATMs near Bistro O-H!
Visitor food services
- Bistro O-H! Ground level of the Tower building. Weekdays 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and weekends/holidays 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Nearby vending area with microwave and café seating always available.
- Skyward Concessions and food trucks and carts: Outside main entrance. Mobile cart with hot sandwiches, including gyros and bratwurst, chips, snacks and beverages. Weekdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. weather permitting.
- Nearby restaurants: Ask at information desks in our hospital lobbies for directions to nearby restaurants.
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Snacks, soft drinks.
- Vending machines: Available 24 hours a day. Snacks, beverages, some entrees. Change machines provided in some areas.
Gift shops (closed holidays)
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Offers Buckeye items, personal items, some clothing, cards, flowers, magazines, snacks, drinks. Credit cards and cash accepted. Room deliveries available. East Hospital is located near the lobby at the end of the long glass hallway. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 614-257-2032.
Sending something to a patient
Fresh flowers, plants, and food are not allowed in the intensive care unit, as these items can be a source of infection. Cards, balloons and silk flowers are encouraged and can be displayed for the patient to see.