This program offers rehabilitation services to help in each phase of your rehabilitation — from services offered in the hospital (inpatient services) to those offered after returning home (outpatient services). These services help you achieve your highest level of recovery.
As part of your evaluation and treatment, our speech-language pathologists may use some of the specific evaluations, tests and treatments listed below:
- Clinical Bedside Swallow Evaluation – An evaluation done bedside at the hospital or in a clinic by a speech-language pathologist to evaluate swallowing problems
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) – A specialized test using a small camera inserted through the nose to the throat to evaluate a swallowing problem and determine the safest diet
- Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) – A specialized test using a moving X-ray to evaluate a swallowing disorder and determine an appropriate diet
- Iowa Oral Pressure Instrument (IOPI) – An instrument that measures the strength of the tongue and can be used in therapy to improve the strength of the tongue
- Myofascial Release Techniques – A form of massage where the affected muscle areas are massaged to improve flexibility and function