One of those glands, the small thyroid gland, located at the base of your throat, can cause big problems. The thyroid regulates how fast your body uses energy, along with body heat and bone growth.
Our specialists will deliver the highest quality of care for the number of thyroid disorders that tend to be more common in women.
Common problems and treatments:
- Thyroid abnormalities
- Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid)
- Thyroid Nodules
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Bone Disease
- Treatments that reduce risk for fracture
- Prevention of bone loss and fractures
- Onsite thyroid ultrasound
- Onsite bone density ultrasound
Amy Gariety, APRN-CNP
I am a certified nurse practitioner specializing in primary care and endocrinology.
Lekshmi Nair, MD
I specialize in endocrinology and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
Laura Ryan, MD
Assistant Director for Special Programs, Center for Women’s Health
I specialize in endocrinology, thyroid disease and bone disease.