The only multidisciplinary women's health center in Columbus specializing in Primary Care, Integrative Medicine, Endocrinology, Gynecology, Menopause, Sexual Health and Facial Plastic Surgery.
The Center for Women’s Health offers personalized care for every stage of your life by a variety of expert health care practitioners, all in a single location. The center is unique in central Ohio.
Ohio State recognizes that women require care that moves beyond reproductive health to address the entire body. Our doctors, nurses and other care providers are committed to meeting physical and mental health and wellness needs specific to women across their lifespans.
In one setting, patients can see providers specializing in:
- Primary Care
- Gynecology: annual exams, family planning, minimally invasive surgery
- Endocrinology and bone disease: thyroid abnormalities and bone loss prevention
- Sexual Health: struggles with desire, pain during sex, difficulty with orgasms
- Facial Plastic Surgery: aesthetic and reconstructive procedures
Other convenient services include:
- Onsite thyroid ultrasound
- Onsite bone density testing
- Immunizations and therapeutic injections
- In-office laboratory draws
- Onsite gynecologic ultrasound
In Ohio State’s pursuit of personalized health care, we will address the physical, environmental and behavioral concerns women face as their bodies change from youth through menopause and beyond.
The center serves as a model for the future of women's health care, uniting:
- Comprehensive medical care
- Innovative research
- Robust patient education
Endocrinology, Thyroid and Bone Disease at the Center for Women's Health
Gynecology and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Center for Women's Health
Menopause Care at the Center for Women's Health
Facial Plastic Surgery at the Center for Women's Health
Integrative Medicine at the Center for Women's Health
Sexual Health at the Center for Women's Health
Locations and Directions
Why Ohio State?
The OSU Center for Women’s Health is committed to meeting the unique health and wellness needs of women through innovative research, education, and patient care.
The OSU Center for Women's Health serves as a model for the future of women's health care, uniting
- comprehensive clinical care
- basic science
- clinical and translational research
- medical education
- public health awareness and education
to improve the health of women at all stages of their lives. Through focusing on the impact of the unique genetic, endocrine, and psychosocial issues of women on their health, the CWH will play an important role in Ohio State’s pursuit of personalized health care.
Integrating discovery to empower women’s health and wellness during the dynamic changes of a woman’s life.
- Responsive to needs and emerging priorities of women
- Transformative and innovative in the development of new transdisciplinary teams to address research, education and women’s health care needs
- Inclusive by engaging faculty, staff, and students within the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and throughout the University who share a common vision of women’s health
From Our Experts
Women's Healthcare at Ohio State
Heather Hirsch, MD, a women’s health specialist, shares the breadth of care and range of specialists at the Center for Women's Health.