Creating Safe Work Environments
“Social distancing"—which is actually about the physical distance we keep between ourselves and others—keeps sick people from coming into contact with healthy people.
Not sure how to keep safe space between your employees? Download our guide for detailed workspace distancing directions.
Create at least 6 feet of physical space between you and your co-workers and customers.
- If your employer hasn’t already, create space between your computers/work stations.
- Limit the sharing of work stations, and clean and disinfect between use.
- Don’t gather in areas such as front desks, waiting rooms and break rooms.
Limit how many people are in your business at any given time.
- Work from home if and when possible.
- Schedule virtual meetings or events when social distancing guidelines cannot be met.
- Stagger your breaks and meals with your coworkers.
Take additional safety precautions.
- Always use lids on drinking cups and water bottles.
- Use disposable tableware and other materials during meals and breaks.
- Limit your use of public transportation, ridesharing or taxis, if possible. If you must use public transportation, make sure to follow handwashing guidelines, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.