A proud part of The Philip Heit Center for Healthy New AlbanyOhio State’s Health and Fitness Center is proud to be a part of the Philip Heit Center. We considered every factor that contributes to an individual’s health and wellness, then designed and equipped an environment that addresses them all, from prevention to nutrition to exercise.
Our FacilityOur finely-appointed facility includes:
- Large cardio and strength training areas with accesss to state-of-the-art equipment
- Two fitness studios for group exercise classes complimentary with membership
- Three lane lap pool and warm water exercise pool
- Free weights area
- High-intensity training space
- Locker rooms with day-use lockers and towel services
- Sauna and steam room in each locker room to promote recovery
Use the Technogym Smart Key to record and monitor your fitness progress. It loads your personalized workout and leads you through your workout, including seat position, weight, speed and distance, recording your progress to your wellness portal.
Technogym App - Access your workouts on your smartphone or device, integrate your wearables and workouts outside of the Center. Communicate with your personal wellness coach anytime through your personalized online account.
Access to over 100 on-demand classes so you can workout anywhere, anytime.
Over 30 group exercise classes per week included in your membership:
HIIT, Full Strength, Bootcamp
Les Mills- Body Pump, CX Works, Body Combat
Our registered dietitian will change the way you think about food.
You will be empowered to make positive lifestyle changes and will learn how to take control of your health and wellness.
- Set and achieve realistic goals
- Gain, lose or maintain weight
- Manage dietary concerns related to medical conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure
- Understanding of your personal nutrition
There is no one-size-fits all approach to training. Our fitness specialists help you find the best approach to unlock your potential, accommodate your fitness preferences and achieve your goals, including:
- Individualized personal training
- Partner personal training
- Perform Ignite small group training
- Aquatics training
Improve your wellbeing and treat health-related needs with our licensed massage therapist. Trained in a variety of techniques, they can provide personalized treatment. Massage has been shown to decrease muscle tension; stiffness and fatigue; headaches and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain; digestive disorders; anxiety and depression. Massage has been shown to increase range of motion, soft tissue function and overall exercise performance.
We offer Swedish, deep tissue and sports massage.
Schedule your massage by calling the front desk at 614-685-1820. For more information, contact John Amschel at John.Amschel@osumc.edu.
Perform | ignite High intensity internal training designed to build cardio and strength
Exercise Is Medicine
Mastering Swimming Instructional lap swimming program for recreation, fitness, and training
Private Swim Lessons and Coaching
Kick Start Get started with a customized wellness plan developed to address your weight loss goals
Massage Relax and rejuvenate with massages tailored to your fitness lifestyle
Not a member?