This program offers rehabilitation services to help in each phase of your rehabilitation — from services offered in the hospital (inpatient services) to those offered after returning home (outpatient services). These services continue your care to help achieve your highest level of recovery.
Following a physician's referral, your rehabilitation may include:
- Suggestions for modifying your home, work and daily routines
- Vision components (clearness, visual field, contrast sensitivity, glare reaction time)
Vision screening by occupational therapist or review of recent vision evaluation:
- Video and computer technology (screen enhancement or magnification, closed circuit TV)
- Nonoptical strategies (working at closer distances, using natural light, large-print books)
- Optical devices (prescription magnifiers, reading glasses, telescopes)