The expert care team at the Ohio State Pancreas Clinic can evaluate and manage complex patients with pancreatic disorders.
At Ohio State, we have gathered a team of expert clinicians dedicated to helping patients with pancreatic diseases.
The Pancreas Clinic at Ohio State is part of the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) within Ohio State’s nationally recognized Department of Internal Medicine.
The Ohio State University was recently recognized by The National Pancreas Foundation as a Pancreas Center of Excellence. This designation recognizes excellence across multiple disciplines, which focus on patient-centered care of patients with pancreatic disorders. The approval process followed an extensive audit of the institution's resources for patient management. Ohio State was recognized among 30 other centers nationwide, and was the only adult-center in the state of Ohio.
Our Pancreas Clinic staff provide expert care in many areas, including:
- Acute pancreatitis (learn more here)
- Chronic pancreatitis (learn more here)
- Pancreatic cysts
- Complications of pancreatic diseases, including exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and pancreatic duct stones
- Medical evaluation for total pancreatectomy (removal of the pancreas) and autologous islet cell transplant (TPIAT - implantation of the patient’s own pancreatic islet cells)
- Pancreatic cancer (a multi-specialty clinic for those with known or suspected pancreatic cancer)
- High Risk Pancreas Clinic (for evaluation of patients with an increased risk for pancreatic cancer due to family history)
Acute pancreatitis is the most common gastrointestinal reason for hospitalization in the United States. On the other hand, pancreatic cancer is a relatively uncommon type of cancer, however it is the fourth most common cause of death from cancer. Managing pancreatic disorders is challenging, and to be effective requires evaluation by a multi-disciplinary team
Meet our Pancreas Clinic team:
- Phil Hart, MD - Medical Pancreatology, Director, Section of Pancreatic Disorders
- Audrey Sleesman, CNP - Medical Pancreatology
- Darwin Conwell, MD, MS - Medical Pancreatology, Director, Division of GHN
- Jeffery Groce, MD, MPH - Advanced Endoscopy, Medical Director of Endoscopy
- Amy Hosmer, MD - Advanced Endoscopy
- Som Krishna, MD, MPH - Advanced Endoscopy, Director of Clinical Research
- Luis Lara, MD - Medical Pancreatology/Advanced Endoscopy, Medical Director of Total Pancreatectomy with Islet-Auto Transplantation
- Sebastian Strobel, MD - Advanced Endoscopy
Plan for your Pancreas Clinic visit:
- Call for more information and to schedule your appointment
- Ask your primary care physician to download, complete and send this referral form to the Ohio State Pancreas Clinic