Ohio State Primary Care
Hours Today: Closed
See full hours
Ohio State Total Health & Wellness is a nurse practitioner-led comprehensive primary care practice. The care team includes Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs), Certified Nurse Midwives, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (PMHNPs), Mental Health Counselors, Pharmacists, Dieticians, community health workers and nursing/health science students. They offer an integrated approach to physical and mental health care by providing the following services:
Services at this location include the following:
- Health and wellness screening and education
- Evidence-based management of new health problems or complaints
- Care and ongoing management for conditions like diabetes, asthma and heart failure
- Routine physical exams, screenings and vaccines
- Comprehensive women’s services like Pap tests, birth control, obstetrics and midwifery
- Mental health counseling and programs for conditions like depression and anxiety
- Healthy lifestyle programs and educational services
Directions and maps
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
For the comfort of our patients, only two visitors are permitted at any one time. Talk with the charge nurse in your unit if you would like to have additional visitors. All visitors must be free of illness. In areas where overnight visitors are allowed, visitors must wear an identification badge at all times. Patient visitation is not restricted on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
Visitation is 24 hours a day in most areas of the hospital, but please check with the staff in the patient care unit to confirm the policy for that area. From 9 p.m.-5 a.m., patients are limited to one visitor. Intensive Care Unit hours vary, so please check with unit staff.
Children are able to visit when accompanied and properly supervised by a non-patient adult at all times. The child is considered one of the two patient visitors. Children may visit the Intensive Care Unit patients by checking with staff first.
Please remember that smoking and the use of tobacco products are not permitted inside or outside of any of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center buildings.
Please turn off your cell phones or any radio transmitted devices while in the hospital.
All parking at East Hospital is free. Long-term public parking is available directly across Hawthorne Avenue in the surface lots.
Patients and visitors
More for our patients and visitors
- ATMs near Bistro O-H!
Visitor food services
- Bistro O-H! Ground level of the Tower building. Weekdays 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and weekends/holidays 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Nearby vending area with microwave and café seating always available.
- Skyward Concessions and food trucks and carts: Outside main entrance. Mobile cart with hot sandwiches, including gyros and bratwurst, chips, snacks and beverages. Weekdays 11 a.m.-3 p.m. weather permitting.
- Nearby restaurants: Ask at information desks in our hospital lobbies for directions to nearby restaurants.
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Snacks, soft drinks.
- Vending machines: Available 24 hours a day. Snacks, beverages, some entrees. Change machines provided in some areas.
Gift shops (closed holidays)
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop: Offers Buckeye items, personal items, some clothing, cards, flowers, magazines, snacks, drinks. Credit cards and cash accepted. Room deliveries available. East Hospital is located near the lobby at the end of the long glass hallway. Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 614-257-2032.
Sending something to a patient
Fresh flowers, plants, and food are not allowed in the intensive care unit, as these items can be a source of infection. Cards, balloons and silk flowers are encouraged and can be displayed for the patient to see.