- Brain injury is recognized as a major public health and disability issue and, as lead agency, we “own” responsibility for addressing it.
- The emphasis is on identification of key stakeholders, strong advocates, and reliable and sufficient data to address brain injury in Ohio.
- An ongoing Needs and Resources Assessment process that routinely identifies the issues confronted by individuals with brain injury and their families and the resources available to them is vital.
- Valid and meaningful information about the complex issues of brain injury and its lifelong effects improves the decisions made by all stakeholders.
- A critical focal point is to develop and maintain a collaborative body of stakeholders in Ohio, including consumers, caregivers, professionals, state agencies, and the Brain Injury Association of Ohio.
Brain Injury Advisory Committee
Ohio Brain Injury Advisory Committee (BIAC) is a statewide advisory board made up of 10-12 individuals representing specific membership categories as defined in ORC Section 3304.231. These seats are held by members who are appointed by the Dean of the College of Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center for 2-year, renewable terms. Appointed members are joined by the Director, or designee, of the following state departments: Department of Health, Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services, Department of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Job and Family Services, Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Workers' Compensation, Department of Education, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, and the Department of Aging. Additionally, honorary members and volunteers also serve on the BIAC.
Interested in joining us for a meeting? These are held from 10 am - 2 pm in the SPHINX Centennial Leadership Suite, 2nd Floor of the Ohio Union, 1739 N. High St. Columbus, OH 43210.
BIAC meeting dates are:
January 16, 2020
April 16, 2020
July 16, 2020
October 15, 2020
January 21, 2021
April 15, 2021
July 15, 2021
October 21, 2021
StaffJohn D. Corrigan, PhD
Jennifer Bogner, PhD
Monica Lichi, PC, MBA, CCRP, Director
Phuong Nguyen, Program Manager