IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MEDICAID MEMBERS – DON’T WAIT, UPDATE NOW
If you or someone in your family has health insurance through Medicaid, you may need to provide information to keep your coverage.
- Make sure your County Department of Job and Family Services has your most up to date contact information.
- Check your mail.
- Members who do not respond to renewal letters or requests for information risk losing their coverage, even if they still meet eligibility requirements.
For assistance in this process, please contact our financial counseling team at 614-293-0860, option 2 or visit medicaid.ohio.gov.
Medication Assistance Program
The Medication Assistance Program (MAP) provides free or reduced-cost medicines to patients with limited income to purchase prescribed medicines. Patients may be referred by nurses, doctors, social workers, case managers, patient care resource managers or other staff members.
Eligible patients include those who are:
- Uninsured and not eligible for any public health program
- Insured patients with unaffordable copayments for prescriptions
- Waiting for approval for their application for public health assistance
MAP staff are available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and can be reached at 614-293-3868.
Calls placed to MAP will be returned by the next business day. Our Financial Counseling and Patient Billing Customer Service departments will work with patients to help them find government sources of financial assistance, including Medicaid, Hospital Care Assurance Program, the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center Financial Assistance Program or other federal or state assistance.
Please let us know before your visit if you do not have health insurance or if you cannot pay for your services or medication. Our trained financial counselors will work to help you get financial support. Just call 614-293-0860 from 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
If you do not have insurance or are under-insured, here are some resources for you:
- Medicaid provides health coverage to millions of Americans. Visit the Medicaid website to see if you are eligible or to apply for benefits.
- If you lose job-based insurance, COBRA provides continuation coverage.
- On the Affordable Care Act Marketplace, you can browse, compare and purchase health insurance.
- To be screened for additional financial assistance programs offered at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, call Billing Customer Services at 614-293-2100.
- Reach our financial counselors by calling 614-293-0860, or schedule an appointment in MyChart at a time that is convenient.
- Price lists and estimates for the cost of services are available on our website.
- MyChart allows you to securely use your computer or mobile device to manage and receive information about your health, access portions of your medical records, view bills and set up payment plans. To sign up, visit mychart.osu.edu.
Apply for financial assistance
To apply for financial assistance, please complete a Financial Assistance application and return to us as directed on the form. Application, instructions, summary and policy documents are available in the following languages: English, Arabic, French, Nepali, Russian, Somali, Spanish.
Application and Instructions
Summary and Policy