Bringing Utmost Care and Kindness to Individual Patients
The Bringing the Utmost Care and Kindness to Individual Patients (BUCK-I) Award recognizes Health System ancillary nursing staff (non-RNs who report to a nurse manager) for extraordinary acts of compassionate care they demonstrate in their work with patients. This award was created partly in response to feedback from staff expressing the need to recognize ancillary staff members.
Nominating ancillary nursing staff
- Nominees must be ancillary nursing staff members at University Hospital, Ross Heart Hospital, Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital, University Hospital East, Harding Behavioral Health Hospital or Health System Ambulatory sites.
- Nominations for the BUCK-I Award can be submitted by patients, families or staff members.
- Nominations will be due each January, April, July and October by the 15th of the month.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a panel, and up to three awards will be presented quarterly on the awardees’ units at a pre-arranged time and date.
- Awardees will receive a buckeye pin and an award as part of the recognition.
- The BUCK-I Award program will be coordinated by the Health System Magnet Program Manager.